By law INPS is responsible to verify the annual income of pensioners which could influence the entitlement or the rate of pension, including income earned overseas, hence the obligation of lodging the RED/EST statement.
Red Est: when I am due to lodge?
Lodgement of form RED/EST is due when one of the following is received:
• minimum pension supplement
• invalid pension
• social services allowances and increases
• base pension amount and increases
• family allowances
• pension to survivors, both indirect and reversible
• increases to the pension or to the invalid pension paid to civilian invalids, blind or deaf under 65 years of age;
• additional amount in excess of 154.94 euro;
• services paid to civilian handicapped before turning 65 years of age;
• 14th pension payment.
Red Est: combined pension with income
The pension to survivors, (paid in the case in which holder was already a pensioner at date of death) or indirect (paid when holder was still working), requires the forwarding of form RED/EST, because, according to law, it is possible to combine the pension paid to survivors or indirect with other income of beneficiary, only until the following thresholds:
• if the pensioner’s income is 3 times higher than the minimum annual entitlement of the dependents workers’pension fund (Fpld), the percentage of the combined survivors payment is equal to 75%, in simple words, the survivor’s payment is reduced by 25% if the holder’s income exceeds 19,573.71 euro (equal to 3 times the minimum payment of 2016 multiplied by 13 monthly payments);
• if the pensioner’s income is higher than 4 times the minimum annual payment Fpld, the combined percentage of survivors payment is equal to 60%: in actual fact the survivor’s payment is reduced by 40% if the pensioner’s income exceeds 26,098.28 euro;
• if the pensioner’s income is higher than 5 times the minimum annual paymentil Fpld, the combined percentage of payment is equal to 50%: in actual fact the survivor’s payment is halved if the pensioner’s income exceeds 32,622.85 euro.